Sunday, February 15, 2009

My Mother My Friend


This is my precious mother. Madison and my mom are coloring together while I was taking care of her. This is truly what it means by the circle of life. My mom growing up was always the most amazing mother in the world. From day one she gave everything she could give of herself to raise her 8 children. Growing up she was always there for me any hour of the day. She has always been a beautiful expample to me. She is very soft spoken, gentle, selfless, kind, encouraging, faithful and more. I love her so very much. She is now 70yrs. old and not able to care for herself. Her mind has been plauged with different thoughts running throug it that are not her. As I had her over to my house I was able to giver her a bath and wash her hair. She had put blush in it for coloring so it did not look grey. As I was helping bathe her I looked into her eyes and saw her. She is so helpless now and her body is somewhat broken down. She can not control her bladder. We can not talk about things as a mother and daughter as we use to. She can not really process what I am saying. She is like a little child. One I need to help care for as she has always cared for me. She likes to spend most of her time coloring. She gave Madison a color book while we were visiting her at her house. When I had her staying with me while my dad was in the hospital she saw the color book she gave to Maddie and said she wanted it back. Madison did not take to that so kindly. I talked my mom into sharing it with her and that was ok. I love her even though it is not really the mother I grew up with. I have the opportunity to give back a little of what she has given me over the last 46yrs. I dont really dwell on it because it hurts to much. A mother is always your mother no matter what and you dont expect her to change even if life does that to her and you dont have any control. Always love your mother and care for her and enjoy every precious moment. I am so very thankful for the beautiful mother the Lord has given me. Mothers are a gift from God. I love my angel mother.

2 comments:

Covina Ballerina said...

Mom what you said about you mohter is beautiful. I know that it must be so difficult for you not to be able to talk to your mom like a mom anymore. I cannot imagine how it would be if we couldn't talk like we do. I talk to you about everything! Thank you for being there for me and for always being my best friend. You're amazing. Know that I am always here for you when you are struggling with how difficult the relationship you share with your mom is and how it has changed. Love you

Kristy said...

Mom,,, you are so wonderful. I love how you set such a wonderful example of service for for us by what you do for Grandma... I am sorry that she has changed so much, and so fast...This must be so difficult for you...

I hate being far away !!! It is so hard not to be there to help you with her - or with anything for that matter. Some day--- hopefully sooner than later...

Love you Mom!

The Marchant Dream Team

The Marchant Dream Team
This is what life is all about